Climate Change Vocab Quiz - WIN €150!!
Read the Guardian newspaper article about the Paris climate change deal and answer the questions below to enter our competition to win €150!!
1. Which verb in Paragraph 1 is a synonym for ‘avoided’?
2. Which verb in Paragraph 2 is used to collocate with ‘target’ to mean ‘establish’?
3. What does W.H.O stand for in Paragraph 3?
4. Which two types of renewable energy are mentioned in Paragraph 4?
5. What does ‘multilateral’ mean in Paragraph 6?
6. Which verb in Paragraph 8 is a synonym for ‘limited’ or ‘reduced’ in relation to a person’s rights or freedom?
7. Which verb in Paragraph 9 means ‘to promise a certain amount of money for a particular purpose’?
8. In no more than 50 words explain why you are optimistic or pessimistic about the future of our planet.
Competition ends 30 January 2016