Fun Quiz on British Etiquette!
How much do you know about social etiquette in Britain? Test your knowledge in our fun quiz!
Are the following 10 statements true or false?
1. In Britain, it is normal to kiss someone 3 times on the cheek when you meet them for the first time?
2. “How do you do?” is not actually a question. It’s a greeting which means “pleased to meet you”.
3. The word “cheers” is also used to mean “thank you” as well as “good health” when having a drink with someone.
4. When you greet someone for the first time it is more polite to shake hands with the left hand.
5. In informal situations you can just say “Morning” or “Afternoon” instead of “Good morning/afternoon”.
6. If you bump into someone in the street it is customary to say “sorry” even if it isn’t your fault.
7.At formal dinner parties it is normal to ask personal questions such as “How much do you earn?” or “Why aren’t you married?”
8. When invited to someone’s house for lunch or dinner you should always arrive half an hour later than the specified time.
9. It is perfectly acceptable to start eating before everyone is served or seated.
10. You should always use a knife and fork, even if you’re only eating a sandwich or snack food.
Check back for the answers later this week!