Who discovered ....?
Test your knowledge of C20th medical discoveries with this week’s health and science quiz!!
1. Who was knighted on June 3, 1934 for his medical discovery of insulin and its properties for treating diabetes?
2. In which year did American medical researcher, Jonas Salk, become the very first person to discover the cure for polio?
3. Michiaki Takahashi discovered a vaccine for which disease in 1974?
4. Which Scottish biologist is widely remembered for his accidental discovery of penicillin in 1928?
5. Which Nobel Prize-winning biochemist discovered the hepatitis B virus and then helped develop a powerful vaccine to fight it?
6. Which disease did the German physiologist, Emil Adolf von Behring, discover a vaccine for?
7. In which year did he win the first ever Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine?
8. In 1920, who perfected the easy-to-use adhesive dressing, commonly known as the Band-Aid?
9. Which American surgeon pioneered the idea of a blood bank and a system for the long term preservation of blood plasma?
10. Which Nobel Prize winning biochemist invented many life-saving drugs, including 6-thioguanine which is used to fight leukemia?
Be the first to post 10 correct answers and win a week’s free trial of our fantastic interactive online course - English for Health